Monday, December 15, 2008

calling uncle and aunty

I used to hate to smilesmile and call "uncle and aunty"
I didn't see the point of calling "uncle and aunty"
and I used to kena scold for not calling uncles and aunties =/
now, I have repented but it's still not easy for to see an uncle/aunty and automatically call "uncle/aunty" =P

uncles and aunties who is reading this, please don't whack me =/
oh, forgive me. =)
oh by the way, if you reading my blog means you are still young too =)
so still not uncle or aunty =) hehehehe...

and so... last week, i went for my cousin's wedding.
the 1st things that popped out of my tiny brain wasn't about the delicious food but it was, "alamak, need to remember to call people."

super paiseh-ly, i must admit that at my age i still have trouble remembering what to address some close relatives. normally, all i did was to stick as close as possible to my sister and repeat after her =)

excellent plan kan? =)
so far no problem until i met my another cousin's kid.
the cute little 8 years old boy looked at me innocently and asked, "miss, can you borrow me your handphone?"

MISS was what he what he addressed me
and
i also didn't know what should he address me.
-_____-'''

pay back time uh? =)

9 comments:

blhc said...

hmmp disrespectful! shuld have called you aunty according to the family tree ma...younger ones call aunty tsk tsk....
aunty sue ern! hahahahah get used to it!
=)
though he could have called u jie jie for awhile more....

Allan said...

wow... can i call you aunty sue ern??

anna said...

AUNTY! why u so excited to become aunty huh?! i also used to be very reluctant to call uncle/aunty. and i dont like the tradition of calling all the relatives around the table to eat first then only we young ones can start to eat -__-" last time i refused to do that cos its ridiculous & i thought if ppl wanna eat they can own self eat lah. but now, accepting the cina culture =) i cant remember the callings for each uncle/aunty/parents' cousins/in-laws too.

Anonymous said...

wei... 3 of u all, ur life so easy 1 meh?
every1 oso can call uncle aunty can d uh? if like that so easy k or is it only my family must call according to the pangkat 1 eh?
he can't call me aunty sue ern too!

-_____-'' pls.... i'm not excited at al

Allan said...

ehh.. me too. if i don't know greet my aunty or uncle. that's it man... My mom always says " your mouth got gold uh.."

A Pinch Of Salt said...

Hi Sue Ern,
This is an interesting one. It's basically out of respect to call out to an elderly person! Guess, it's the Chinese culture thingy.~ Being respectful is a good thing. No hard and fast rule on this on,actually! Just be yourself, I guess!BTW, I am an old blogger. I've learnt a lot from reading young people's blog and they are interesting indeed!Take care.

Anonymous said...

allan, maybe ur mouth got pearl if don't hv gold =) hehehe... u got 2 older sisters, stick to them lik glue then u'll know what to greet d =P

uncle Ivan, yes respect is important. still learning tho =/ interesting? hopefully in a good way. haha.. =D

Anonymous said...

aiya
aunty sue ern. (fullstop)
=)

Post a Comment

  © Desperate Witty Owl's Stories 2008

Back to TOP