Friday, January 26, 2007

Memories of the childhood years...

Finally, I'm back to home sweet home. =) :] =P

In the evening, still in my polo tee I wore to class this morning, I cycled happily to auntie Maggie's house to sent dinner for them.
As I was cycling, memories during childhood years just flooded my mind.

When I was younger, I used to ride bicycle to auntie Maggie's house to pass to her stuff and then ajak Cathy and Cassel(auntie Maggie's lovely children) to exercise with me. Then, we would cycle till kinda late. (At times kena scolding from mum.) But sometimes, instead of exercising, auntie Maggie would belanja me yummilicious food such as biscuit+raisin+cornflakes covered with melted chocolate. Yum yum... =P How niceeeee

After I passed the food, I saw a dad, a mom with 2 kids on the motobike! *Oh how coooool* Last time, dad would bring sis, jien and me jalan-jalan on bike too. How I miss those wonderful time. Once, we, one happy family, 5 of us sat on one bike. Power, right? But those were the years that we were super duper thin. hehehe!

Just by looking at the happy family on the bike, I felt so happy for them!!! *Just like me and my family*
All my stress for assignments, presentation and exams just evaporated.

Later, I went to the back lane where I used to play with "popping flowers" by the paya. (If the flower is press, then will have popping sound.) Until now, I still don't know what name of the flower it is. Now, the paya have been tambak with soil and no more "popping flowers". =/ All the childhood memories...

As I cycled further, the malay guy who I knew him since I was very-very young stopped me. For the 1st time, we chatted. So weird! We stayed nearby but never talked before. I don't even know his name, so doesn't he. The guy's family owned a warong in front of my house. He used to be the boy who delivered mee goreng to my house with fear and trembling because he was scared of Max, family dog. Now, he is the guy who drive wira around the taman while smoking away like a chimney.

After tired of cycling, excitedly, I went to the tarred playground. (The ground used to be grow with nice grass and lalang but now... Ewww!) I went to my favorite swing and swung till my heart content. Swung up up up the sky just like I used to. The feel of wind was awesome! If was as if I have forgotten how the wind felt.

After I swung dengan bestnya, a little cute gal stood nearby. Quickly, I stopped swinging. Her face was giggling and she said, "Thank you."
"You're welcome. Bye, bye. Enjoy!" I replied.
As I was walking home, I looked back and she gave me a sweet smile that I have not seen for a long time. =D

The gal reminded me of myself when I was younger.
I was just so happy for her that she still find joy playing in the playground, and not playstation.

2 comments:

T.E.J. Davin said...

Its amazing how majority of the people in this world only remember their happy times and not the sad times. Its the balance of these times had that makes you who you are today. Those experiences are also lessons in life. Lessons that you will not be able to learn again later on.

Remember the hard times as well as the good times. They are a part of your life whether you want it or not.

Desperate Witty Owl said...

It's amazing also how majority of the people in this world judge people just by depending on their blog. people don't blog EVERYTHING in their blog, just for your more info. If sad moments were not blog about that doesn't mean i don't remember. I still do, just not sharing it here, right?

if you don't learn you lesson, then you have to learn it again. example: you drive car super fast n got into accident but you didn't learn your lesson. so you'll drive fast again n got in accident once again. you'll get into accident again and again until you learn your lesson right?

=)

Post a Comment

  © Desperate Witty Owl's Stories 2008

Back to TOP