Wednesday, March 07, 2007

God is good?

Tell me if you can prove God the almighty is not good.

Wow... God just can’t stop to amaze me from time to time.
How bless am I to know Him!! Love Him lots...

For the past few days, I have been discouraged and lost.
I felt counseling was not useful. Counseling was not as amazing as I thought. I felt so down and lousy. I thought of my job prospect. I felt not motivated at all.

Then this morning as I spent some time with God, I decided to change my desktop background. I just simply picked one.
Then, as I observed closely it says,
"To man belong the plans of the heart, but from the Lord comes the reply of the tongue. All a man’s ways seem innocent to him, but motives are weighed by the Lord. Commit to the Lord whatever you do and you plans will succeed. Proverbs 16:1-3"

I felt so excited! God is so cute and funny in the way He encouraged me. hehe...
Love Him more daily.

Then, I continued to look around the verses and I discover Proverbs says a lot about the tongue.

"the mouth of the righteous is a fountain of life...
"wisdom is found on the lips of the discerning...
"the tongue of the righteous is choice silver...
"the lips of the righteous nourish many...
"the mouth of the righteous brings forth wisdom...
"...but the speech of the upright rescues them.
"from the fruit of his lips a man is filled with good things as surely as the work of his hands rewards him.”
"...but the tongue of the wise bring healing."
"truthful lips endure forever…"
"...but a kind word cheers him up."
"the lips of the wise spread knowledge.."

And finally,
"The tongue that brings healing is a tree of life, but a deceitful tongue crushes the spirit. Proverbs 1:4"

God really knows how to comfort me. I just need to depend on Him and stand right before Him.

O God, give me the tongue that brings healing. This is my desire...

And by the way, I discovered something interesting too.
"A man finds joy in giving an apt reply- and how good is a timely word! Proverbs 15:23"

Just ask any counseling student, what a joy to be able to give an apt, accurate reply!
Wa... God really knows everything!!!
How can I not love Him more each day!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Desperate Witty Owl's Stories 2008

Back to TOP