Wednesday, October 21, 2009

A walk in the rain

I just took a short walk in the rain.

I was in the library checking emails and facebook-ing. When I decided to walk back, I just realized it was raining. Oh, I love rainy day. I couldn’t wait to walk under the rain but suddenly I was reminded pesanan mak, “take care of yourself ar...”

Oh ok, so I called my friend if she could pick me up but she was not available. See, I made effort but memang takdir for me to walk under the rain. So dengan excited and gembira-nya, I began my walk from the library to my hostel.

I passed by pak guard who looked at me with the are-you-mad-look. I looked up the sky, it was so majestic. Later, I passed by a few more girls holding pretty umbrellas. As I walked, the wind blew and puddles of water here and there. Oh the kid in me couldn’t help it but made the biggest splash from the puddles. Oh I love it. Thank goodness, the street lights were dimed and no one could identify me.

Aha… I continued to climb the UPM canggih overhead bridge. I thought of my day.

My day began by waking up late for class. I blamed the super mad 3.30am fire drill in kolej for my inability to wake up earlier =P While rushing to class, my favourite lecturer said, “I looked different.” Aha, it was the first time she spoke to me outside of the classroom. It made my day a little more special. I dislike being late for classes but since I’m studying in Malaysia which has her own set of time, I wasn’t late for today’s class. In fact, I was just on time. I enjoyed the class and I gained much through it. Thank God for awesome classes that makes learning an enriching experience.

Later, I met up with a 9 years old boy to play with him for an hour. At first, I felt a little cacated and hesitant. For the first 10 minutes, he was a little uneasy. He making sure I was feeling ok. He kept asking me to sit properly and asked me what I wanted to do. Aw… so sweet of him. He made sure I understood the movie that he was watching. Instead of allowing me to watch, he explained to me. His stories line jumped faster than a frog but surprisingly I understood him. He even asked me to paraphrase what he said -.-'' He was aware of how the deaf and mute speaks. Oh, very observant of him. He constantly asked me if I believe what he said. As assuring as I could, I said, “yes.” Of and on, he would play with my hair just like I would. After awhile, I asked him why he did that. He replied cheekily, “to make you happy.” I was super -__-'' of cause. Later, he decided to teach me to play his computer games. At first, we were playing pipeline. He made sure I wasn’t bored just looking at him play. Thus, we took turns to play and said that I was improving well -.-'' after few rounds, we played other games. Every 5 minutes, we played a different game that he was skillful at but it wasn’t the case for me. He had a hard time typing his name in the high score list. Again, we took turns to identify the letters on the keyboard. He seriously made sure I had an equally chance as him in everything that he did. Such a considerate boy!

After that, he decided that to massage my palms. Oh, he got strong and firm hands. It was so good until he decided to give a strong punch on my left arm. Ouch! Kids seriously love to punch me. I have no idea why. His punishment for punching was 15 seconds of tickle. Hehehe... Time flies. Soon, play time was up. I said my goodbye in a hurry and he asked me come back again but I could not. I felt a little bad that I didn’t tell him beforehand. I said my really last goodbye and asked him to work hard. Oh yes, what a meaningful hour. He made me realized I still like to play with kids.

Back to my walk in the rain. Finally, I was almost reaching my hostel. My guy course mate passed me by with his bike and gave me the look the pak guard gave me. Quickly, I walked in my block and bumped into my junior who gave me the what-happened-to-you-look. I must be looking quite ridiculous. I was pretty drenched.

But, you know what?

I had a great walk in the rain! =)

6 comments:

Najib Azmi said...

love to walk in the rain as well =D

but probably not as chronic a case as you. hehe

Desperate Witty Owl said...

yea!! love to walk in the rain club =D

chronic? what a word!
tioman rain must be more awesome!!

Najib Azmi said...

if it rains it pours like a thunderstorm here. siap lightning and all lagi. does that still qualify as awesome?

Desperate Witty Owl said...

awesome la, of coz. when i walked in the rain got slight lighting too. ops shudn't say. =P

kaixian said...

Thanks for entertaining the boy...glad to know that you enjoyed to accompany the boy.

I used to like to play in the rain until caught by allergic rhinitis, tons of sweet memories about raining...

Desperate Witty Owl said...

u're very welcomed.
tsk...tsk... play with wisdom =) hahahaa

Post a Comment

  © Desperate Witty Owl's Stories 2008

Back to TOP