Thursday, January 01, 2009

Hey 2009

Hey, everyone! =)
Goodbye 2008, it is finally already 2009!
Big Hey to 2009!
Seriously, it's already 2009! Unbelievable...

Time really flies like a jet plane or maybe faster like a rocket!
Time seems to fly faster and faster as I grew older
I really do wonder why?
Do you know why?

10 years ago, I was still in standard six
Standard six sounds freaking young now
Now, I'm a 3 year student of UPM 
Woosh... yea, I'm a little older =)

Looking back, I know truly God is faithful
Last semester, I was super busy with a lot of random stuff
I did not really make space for God to truly live in me
I was a horrible Bible reader and marvelous promise breaker

Many times I felt so unworthy to call Him - Heavenly Father
I lost count of the times I chose do it my way
Yet, He never failed to rescue me again and again
He just blew my mind with His faithfulness, grace and love

For the past years, I have been writing about the stuff I did for the 1st time
2008? I can't remember much so here is a short list for stuff
In the year 2008, for the 1st time in my life,

  • I visited PENGASIH, a center for drug addicts and run by ex-drug addicts =) 
  • I counseled an ex-drug addict. It was an awesome, eye opening and memorable experience. Hopefully, he won't be my last ex-drug addict client. Maybe one day, I'll blog a little bit about the whole experience.
  • In 2 hours, I have 18 mozzie bits?!??!
  • I volunteered for One Life exhibition
  • Receive my biggest love offering. Oh, Thank you LORD! =D  
  • I stayed at 4 different places in just one week =) It was an adventurous week
  • After 21 years staying in love Malacca, finally, I went to Portuguese Settlement to admire the Christmas deco =P
  • er... it's shorter than I thought.I can't recall much now. I think I have quite forgotten about the earlier part of 2008. I'll update if I do remember. hahaha... Hopefully, I'm older and wiser and NOT more forgetful =)
I'm quite scared to walk into 2009 actually
I don't know how am I going to face this hectic semester
I don't know will be able to face my future client for 80 hours!!
I really don't know...

At time like this, I really thank God that I know He is faithful
May I grow stronger in Him and know Him inside out
May I make time to spend together with Him and not FFK the last minute
May I truly live for HIM =)

Though it's freaky to step into 2009,
I'm kinda anticipate how 2009 will turn out!
Amazing? Crappy? Lonely? Adventurous?
Nobody really knows but He does =)

May you and I always be healthy and strong
May you and I make time to rest in Him
May you and I continue to trust, hope and love
May we live a life that will last to the eternity =)

Smile, have faith!
With Him by our side, it'll be a great year!
Happy New Year!
O la la la.... =D

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Desperate Witty Owl's Stories 2008

Back to TOP