Tuesday, August 15, 2006

The road ahead

The road ahead is bright,
Full of milk and honey.
My future is well-planed by God,
a perfect and prosperous plan.

The light is at the far end of the road.
It's where the milk and honey are.
I see God in front, ahead of me,
I saw His promises from a far.

On the way, the road is rocky and crooked.
I lost my way.
Life is not a bed of roses.
I didn't know who to believe and look up to, at times.

Passersby told me much about the beauty of the road ahead,
but I was not given a map or lamp.
Church, family, The Word, and friends assured me of God's plan,
but I do not know exactly the way to His plan.

I wanted to walked thorugh a short cut.
Left and right I asked but I get more lost
I did my best and do everything I could.
Yet, I am still not satisfied.

I reached a rest place.
A place to take a long break.
I just wanted to give up.
I just want to stop doing everything.

There, I met a friend.
He held my hand and carried me through.
Once again, I re-encounter God, the Savior.
Letting go everything in to Him.


Letting Him taking control is not easy task.
Less of me, more of Him.
Less independent, more dependent on Him.
Easy to say but hard to do.

Either I trust Him or loose everything.
I don't know what he is and going to do.
I am blur and in days...
Yet, I have no choice than to trust Him.

I wanted to be in control of my life now.
Letting go my plans and dreams is hard.
Trusting Him has a greater plan for me is hard too.
But who else should I trust if not Him?

He is my map and lamp in life,
I am lost without Him.
I need Him to be with me, not in front but beside me.
I am totally lost without you, Lord.

2 comments:

anna said...

inspiring.......

Desperate Witty Owl said...

hehe... is it? too busy to think lately :[

Post a Comment

  © Desperate Witty Owl's Stories 2008

Back to TOP