Thursday, June 29, 2006

Between

In between is a very difficult process. Neither this nor that...

'tween (preposition, adverb)
Definition: (archaic or literary) same as between [13th century. Shortening]


'tween = between.

Tween normally refers to a human being who is between kid and youth.
Tween gals. Tween guys.

So in English, there's a word for 'human beings who are between kids and youth' - TWEEN.

During my tween years, it was a weird yet exciting time.

Tween was a time...
I hated shopping + clothes even though I needed it.
I wanted to fit in with my gang.
I wore 3-quarter sleeve tee most of the time.
I wondered why I went to church every week.
I was super emo and super sensitive.
Kids started to call me 'che che'. *bangga*
I had a fat-cubby-overweighed piggy bank.
I went to the freaking scary+big secondary school.
I watched TV3 'Nightline' because the newsreader, Gerard Lam had a cute way of saying 'goodbye'.
I was too eager to grow up and finish schooling.
I hated every kind of skirts.
I ate one tub of ice-cream without gaining any weight.
I didn't know who I was.
I couldn't find clothes that fitted me.
I was not a kid, not yet a youth.
everything seemed so wrong in my life.

Anyway, at least I was a TWEEN.


Now, I'm a human being who is between youth and young adult.

In English, is there a word for 'a human being who is between youth and young adult'?
I don't think the word exist, or at least not in my dictionary.
Please tell me, if I'm wrong. I'll be super duper glad!

There are clothes, movies, activities, toys, and books that specially cater for tweens. Spoilt tweens!
But what about stuff for 'human beings who are between youth and young adult'?
No. Kosong. Nothing. Zero. Tak ada.


'Human being who is between youth and young adult' is a time...
I love shopping + clothes even though I don't need them.
I have tons of friends but few true friends.
I wear polo tees most of the time.
I wonder why I am who I am.
I am super talkative and super moody.
Kids started to call me 'aunty'. *humiliated*
I have a thin-skinny-undernourished piggy bank.
I'm going to the freaking frightening+gigantic university.
I watch 8TV 'One In The Million' because of the judge, Paul Moss sarcastic remarks.
I don't want to grow up cause working is freaking my out!
I like flair and flowery skirts.
I only have to eat one tea spoon of ice-cream to gain weight.
I know who am I but confused.
I can find tons of clothes that fit me but the price tags don't fit my wallet.
I am not a girl, not yet a woman.
Everything seems so unpredictable in my life.

Anyway, at least I am still breathing.

Let everything that has breath praise the Lord. Praise the Lord!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Desperate Witty Owl's Stories 2008

Back to TOP