Friday, July 14, 2006

BACK HOME!!

I'm back to my home sweet home.

It took me 4.5 hours from UPM to reach Malacca. Dead tired.
I have to take UPM komuter bus to KTM. The bus was packed like sardine. We were standing and leaning shoulder to shoulder on each other, all the from UPM to KTM. Eww... all the sweaty-ness! Then, I took Serdang KTM to Seremban. From Seremban took Transnasional bus to Malacca. Sound easy but actually it was tough and very tiring.

4.5 hours bus + KTM = 1.5 hours car.

Anyway, it's worth it. I'm at the best place on earth. I'm back home.
I love my home!

UPM is super-super big, the biggest Uni! If you think UM is big, please come to UPM. Joy, help me!

After 2 weeks, I still get lost in UPM. The only place in UPM I can go by myself is back to my kolej. That's all... I have a lot more to learn. Somehow, I hope, I wish, I have a tour guide or better still, driver. An advice for those who can't finish walking the whole MidValley in few hours, DON'T come to UPM. You'll drop dead.

Surprisingly, UPM's food is quite nice and the price is okay. Food is not a problem to me.

Everything is fine except for studies and coursemates. After 4 days of studying, I collected 5 assignments. I have no idea how to do it. I like my course but assignments...? *sob sob*

There is nothing wrong with my coursemates. My coursemates are superb! Too superb. My coursemates have proven that I am not the most kiasu and the most talkative person! They come to class half an hours before the class starts. Gosh... siao! Everyone seems to sit the first row. If it's possible, in front of the lecturer. Hands were always on the air to ask questions. I have never, never in my whole entire life encounter such a class. If anyone of you are in a class like mine, please, please tell me. It'll bring me some comfort and I'll know I'm not alone.
My coursemates are good. Too good for me.

I feel intimidated by them.
I want to hide in my nest to be with the same species as me.
I want to be like them but I'm not. Not a bit.
I feel like an alien among them. Like an owl among the doves.
I want to improve but it's like no way I could catch up with them.
I feel stupid when I am among them. I never felt more stupid than this before.
I want to do well... Just want to do well for the people I love and myself.

Can I? Can I go through this, God?

A degree maybe common and easy but as for me it's not, at least for now.
Everyday, I need God's grace to walk this journey.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sue Ern, I have told you a million times that you are not any ordinary person. Your mates in class may be good, very good BUT I believe you just haven't decided to make up your min to be that good, that is why you seem belittled by their actions. If they are doves, you're an EAGLE! If they're humans you're a GIANT! I know a smart person wen i see one, and I have known you in person for some weeks but on the internet for years and I can bet my whole arm on you being a VEEERY SMART PERSON. Now go and meet them where you're you are supposed to. Love, dAN - Ghana.

Post a Comment

  © Desperate Witty Owl's Stories 2008

Back to TOP