Tuesday, July 11, 2006

In everything give thanks!

Give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.
1 Thessalonians 5 : 18

Finally, I have time to do 'real' blogging but I can't post it now since hostel does not have Wi-Fi yet.

Now is 12:08am, 10 July 2006.

I survived the torturous and boring orientation week. What a great achievement! Gee... I'll blog about the torment and boredom I went through later.

Since coming to UPM, I have many, many things to thank God for. Truly, I'm safe in the arms of God.

Before I came to UPM, I asked God for loads of things. I told God the very details. I want to thank Him for answering my prayers once again.

I asked for the best room on the 4th/3rd floor for two with a big table. Plus, I wanted a tidy, polite, not calculative Christian roomie equip with a laptop and iron because I have no place in the car to put those stuff. And guess what, God answered not only answered every single details but He give me more than I asked for. Praise the Lord! My room is actually is for 3 mahasiswee. Thus, it's quite big for 2 for us and we have a brand new gigantic cupboard. Besides that, my roomie is always positive and super energetic! The best part is she is fully equipped with tons of gadgets include a Canon printer which I desperately need. She's willing to share it with me. I'm so touched! *tears rolling down*

I'm very pantang about toilets. I MUST have clean toilet. And my hostel toilet is quite clean, and it's in my fav colour - pink! I like the sinks. It's exactly like those in the hotel, only dirtier a little.

I prayed for many friends and some godly-influenced true friends too. I have countless friends over here. Until now, I still can't remember MOST of their names. *embarrass of myself* I even met many KMJ and GBS friends whom I have no idea what's their names but they know my name. *double embarrassment* I'm like an old, old 'aunty'. Anyway, I'll try my very best to remember all the names and stop calling them 'eh' or 'oi'!! Besides, I met lots of Christians too, surprisingly. I can't wait to go Christian Fellowship and church with them!

After hearing from Joy's super duper torturous + scaring, orientation experience, I prayed desperately super-super duper hard for my orientation. I was scared, fearful, terrified, anxious, worried... My orientation turned out to be very dead bored. Nothing close to what Joy has gone through in UM. UPM do not allow ragging (ragging = making fun of someone, bully, torture...). Thus, nothing extreme happened. The worst was scolded by the facilitators and sitting in the gigantic hall for hours listening to boring ceramah. The pengarah even ask the facilitators to let us sleep before 12am. How nice of him!

I prayed for skillful + witty + non-discriminatory lectures. So far, all of them are just like I prayed for. Since they are counselors, they must be kind-hearted people. Compare with other faculty, my lecturers are the most sporting and friendly. 90% of them are PHD. holders. Wawa...

These are some of my answered prayers. I believe the more to come as I continue to be depend on Him.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Desperate Witty Owl's Stories 2008

Back to TOP