Friday, September 22, 2006

UNITY

Just came back from Unity Concert in FGA.
It had been a long, long time since the last time I went to concert.
Once again, I realized I’m getting older. Nevertheless, I still enjoyed the worship.

This is my first time enjoying the beauty of the disco glass ball LIVE. (I'm not sure what is the ball called. It's a glass ball that keeps turning and the spotlight will shine on it to reflect the light.)
It's just a ball hanging up but it decorates the whole hall beautifully. It felt like snowing or in the night full of stars. Awesome.

Paradise Community Church's band from Adelaide, Australia played in the concert. It was great to once again worship in concert.

What is worship?
Singing song, clap hands, shout, dance?
It's just a tiny part of worship.

Worship is our lifestyle.(quoted Anna) studying, saying thank you, going to church, obey parents, reading bible and so on. From the very little action to the super 'holy' stuff is an act of worship to God if we surrender to Him.

A pastor once said, the easiest place to be a Christian is in church. I totally agree with him. Like wise when is the easiest place to jump and dance to worship God? I would say in a concert, right?

I used to get all gear up to go for concert. It seemed like it was the only I could really, really worship God. After going a few concerts, I began to wonder "am I worshiping God or the atmosphere?" If I am worshiping God then I can worship God anywhere, anytime. I do not need the 'right' music, the 'right' crowd to worship since God is everywhere.

I thought for a long time the reason I jumped and danced? To feel cool or worshipping? I asked God the reason we jumped in worship. Then, came a music team from US called "One of a Kind". (only the antics from CLA should be able to recall?

"One of a kind" led the worship, preaching and closing. They did everything in the service. They started with worship. We just sang a simple song. After that, the worship leader encouraged us to sing a new song to God. Many spoke in tongues. We kept praying and speaking in tongues for a long time. While the music still going on, the speaker began to speak about worship. He spoke great revelation but in a way I could easily understand. I was deeply encouraged.

Many people had sat down but some of those who sat in front were still standing and worshipping. I was one of them. As we continue to worship, out of a sudden, I felt a bubbling joy from my belly. It felt like it was going to exploit if I didn’t do anything. I tried to suppress the feeling but the more I block it, the stronger the joy was. I couldn't tahan anymore. I had to do something. I MUST! Hence, I jumped like a hyperactive child. I was the only one jumping. I felt so cacat-ed and silly but I couldn't stop. Thank God for friends. After awhile, Anna jumped also. After a while, a girl name, Charlie from the team pulled both of us out and we continued jumping. Awhile more, more people started jumping and dancing. I was really tired and I wanted to stop jumping. However, the moment I stopped, the bubbling joy was just like a balloon being blow and it was like the balloon going to burst! I continued to jump till the service ended. Back home, my whole body was aching terribly. Hahaha… those were the younger day.

I'm glad that I'm able to enjoy worship in that manner. But I'm more thankful for God opened my eyes to the many other ways I can worship Him. God is a God of variety. I'm still learning and discovering how and how to worship Him.

2 comments:

anna said...

i luv luv d glass ball too!!! its so so nicee.... can just stare at it all night rite...wish i had tat in my room.. haha! *hint hint*

wish i could go for the concert.. =(

i kinda remember the 1 of a kind band..sorry, memory bad... need frens like u to remind me! =P those were the days...

over all, i like this post alot. simple, from the heart, funny & powerful! =)

Desperate Witty Owl said...

i cant afford a glass ball *straight forward* maybe can buy a ball then wrap with the aluminium foil... muahahaha...

ya wish u were there with me too...
super thanks for the comment so touching... *i noe u din touch me*

Post a Comment

  © Desperate Witty Owl's Stories 2008

Back to TOP