Monday, December 04, 2006

21.11.2006

warning : super ah-ma post ahead!!!

3am
Finally, Hwei Sue and Jie Min came back from KLIA. They looked terribly exhausted and of coz, eerky just like Hwei Sue like to say! =/

Just by their looks, I knew they had gone through a long episode of drama!
When they reached KLIA, the Australia Boccia team has waited about 1 hour. (Boccia is a game like lawn ball) They had to wait longer because it turned out to be 9 athletic on wheel-chair and 10 assistant. FUH! How can the information go so wrong? From 1 w/c to 9 w/c! *smack head*

After much waiting, finally, a rapid KL bus designed for w/c user came and sent them to Crown Princess Hotel. When they reached the hotel, the secretariat who was supposed to be there, wasn't there. OMG! Anyway, they managed everything themselves superbly well.

rapid KL bus

Later, they realized they didn't have transport back to K17. Horror! Gosh... After making more calls, somehow, someway, someone was kind enough to sent them back safely with a Perdana car. According to the 2 super kesian-ed gals, when the man said YES to sent them back, he seemed like an angel from heaven.

I was super duper stressed after listening to their story. It really seemed like the soap opera I see in TV.

8.30am
"Wake up!!!!! Now is 8.30am. We have to gather at 8.45am then at 9.00am, we are going to Putra Stadium!" Hwei Sue's roomie said in a super fast speed.

I jumped out from my bed like a doctor on call then proceed to the bathroom and get myself ready. Mana tahu, we had to wait, and wait, and wait so so long for the transport to bring us to stadium. *super -_______-*

11.30am
Finally, we reached Putra Stadium and we had to continue waiting. And finally, a man came and brief us to give a clearer view of the duty of a Liaison Officer. During the Q&A session, many hentam him lots of questions. But he still so selamba, friendly, and cool. He handled the situation very well. Later, I discovered he is the Chief Secretariat, Lt. Cdr. (R) Kamaruzaman Kadir.
Wa... orang besar! I was humbled by the way he treated us.

5.00pm
We reached K17 and I discovered I was in charged of Chinese Taipei, Power Lifting Contingent! Where else, Jie Min got Chinese Taipei, Judo.

Fear and inadequacy crept in.

"What if I didn't do my duty well and anytime the athletic could throw me!"
"What if I'm not strong enough to push them?"
"What if I cause them to fall from the W/C?"
"What if I pengsan and they had to help me pula?"
"What if they smack me when they are angry?"
"What if I lost in an unknown place and no one come to my rescue?"

Wa... all the WHAT IF!!! Ish... my stress level was super high.

Thank God for great friends around me who always looked so selamba and reminded me to stay calm. *Sue Ern, everything will be fine!*

12.30am
Before we went to bed, we prayed and submitted everything unto God's hand.
Uncertainty and worried yet excited was what I felt.

Lesson learned :
God will make a way where there seems to be no way
He works in ways, we cannot see
He will make a way for me
He will be my Guide
Hold me closely to His side
With love and strength for each new day
He will make a way. He will make a way.

Summary for lazy/blur/not so ah-ma reader :
When to Putra Stadium for short briefing by the Chief Secretariat. Later, discovered I was the Liaison Officer for Chinese Taipei Power Lifting contingent. Wasted lots of time waiting for transport! =)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Desperate Witty Owl's Stories 2008

Back to TOP