Monday, December 04, 2006

22.11.2006

Same thing happened, woke up super early and had to wait and wait for transport to Stadium Putra. However, this time we were smarted. We asked someone to miss call us when the bus has arrived. I managed to wash my clothes and get a lil rest before heading to the stadium.

There was more briefing. Confusion heated up! Miscommunication!
We collected all the information each of us needed. Finally, I got my LO tag! Something to prove that I was a real LO.

J. LO
Jason LO
Sue Ern the LO! i like =)

3pm
"liaison Officer (LO) untuk Chinese Taipei pergi hotel sekarang!"
Dengan super kanchiong, Chinese Taipei LO including me, rushed to Grand Season hotel since Chinese Taipei plane landed at 1.40pm.

When we reached GS Hotel, we discovered they had not arrived! *frustrated*
We waited and waited and waited.
I began to doubt if they really landed.

During my wait in GS hotel, I saw a man on w/c from India fell terribly from the steps, a man on w/c banged another w/c and fell badly. Another old lady with a walking stick slipped and her teeth gushed out blood.
FUH!! I was more stressed. Kept sms-ing to friends to keep me occupied.

Later, I saw a Thai male athletic with an amputated leg guiding his male friend who is blind. *so sweet*
Then I realized, the male athletic was wearing well-coordinate colour clothes where else his friend was wearing pink jersey, with baby blue shorts and bright green slippers! *kesian* OMG!

As time past, more and more athletics flooded in GS Hotel. From Iran, Macau, India, Iraq, China, Pakistan... Fuh!
For the 1st time I saw so many nationality and people with disability in one place. I was getting very excited yet worried at the same time. While waiting, I kept praying.

7.30pm
"Miss, are you the LO for Chinese Taipei?" asked the very friendly GS manager
"YES!" my face must have lighted up.
"Oh, the representative is here. Follow me."

I was happily skipping into the room with some the other Chinese Taipei LO.
The moment I was in the room, I felt so awkward.
After introducing himself as Mr. Huang, I could hardly communicate with him. As he was speaking, most of the time I was nodding my head and smile. *nod nod*cacated*
I hardly could understand him. *memalukan*

MY CHINESE IS SUPER DUPER BAD!

After awhile, the Chinese Taipei contingent finally arrived at GS hotel in 2 buses. Their luggage and equipments was super duper a lot and heavy. Thank God for helpful bellboy!

Everyone was super tired and piss-off as they had waited in KLIA for about 6 hours. *kesian*

As the athletics wheeled themselves in GS Hotel, I just felt I needed to stand at the steps at the entrance. I wanted to help in the luggage but somehow I just stood at the steps looking quite blur and bodoh.

Then, suddenly, I saw a girl on w/c was going to fall. One of the wheels was not on the ground! Quickly, I pulled her wheel back. Fuh! It was close. I would have twisted my fingers since I hold her wheel, not the handle but amazingly, my fingers were perfectly fine and I didn’t felt any weight when I was pulling her. All of us were in shocked!

Later, I searched for my power lifters. It didn't take long for me to spot my power lifters since they are very well-built and friendly. To my surprise, one of them was the one I saved just now. 3 power lifters on w/c were put under my care.

They are

Lin Ya Hsuan 林要璇

Lin Tzu Hui 林赏惠

Huang Kua Tai 黄国泰

and 1 coach Mr. 陈颖德 and 1 assistant, Mr. 朱敏进.
We discussed and make some arrangement then they checked in their rooms.

11.00pm
I dragged my half dead body back to K17 which is about 50min drive from GS Hotel.
I had a feast for dinner, bought by the kind hearted Yune Yee and Amelia who was goyang kaki at K17 while the others almost pengsan.

Lesson learned :
Worrying and being stress is not from God. In every situation, depend on God for He know everything even before it happen. He knows our going in and our going out!
May the joy of the Lord be my strength!

ps : 林要璇 and æž—èµæƒ are chinese words. I took such a long time to type out the words but my blog can't read it. Nvm, I'll just leave it there to prove my hard work! -_-

Summary for lazy/blur/not so ah-ma reader :
Meet my athletic at Grand Season Hotel for the 1st time. They were Lin Ya Hsuan, Lin Tzu Hui, and Huang Kua Tai!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Desperate Witty Owl's Stories 2008

Back to TOP