Monday, December 11, 2006

27.11.2006

COMPETITION DAY!!!!!!

WAKE UP!!!!

Again, I had to wake up at 5:00am to catch the earliest bus. Fuh!

When I reached GS Hotel, the coach and power lifters were trilled to see me!
They thought I won't make it because I warned them earlier, I maybe couldn't make it and they have to go themselves.

If it was not because of their friendliness and jovial heart, I wouldn't have the motivation to wake up so early.

When we reached the stadium, the 1st thing they did was to rush to the weighing machine.
Tzu Hui was force not to eat much in order to lose weight to 75kg.
Ya Hsuan pula was force to eat more in order to reach at least 60kg.
Haha... so funny! Tzu Hui who loves to eat couldn't eat and Ya Hsuan who didn't want to eat must eat.

I discovered losing or adding weight is strategies in power lifting competition. In power lifting competition, there are many categories according to the power lifter's weight. The women categories are up to 40kg, up to 44kg, up to 48kg, up to 52kg, up to 56kg and the list goes on until over 82.5kg. So if the power lifter's weight is 50kg then she should be in the 52kg category. However if in 52kg category, her competitor is too great for her to compete with. Then, the coach will either ask her to add weight to qualify for 56kg category or lost weight to 48kg category. As easy as that! Understand?
That's the reason the power lifters lost or add weight! Same goes with other games like judo and boxing which the category divided according to their weight.

Another amazing thing I discovered is how to lost few kilos of weight in just 3 to 5 days. Just avoid drinking water and food with lots of water contain such as watermelon. Eat chicken better than any other meat. Guarantee it works BUT not healthy. The athletics do it during competition only. After losing weights, their energy level will go down too. Bad for health!!

Another amazing thing I discovered is the clothes we wear, weigh a lot! The tee, pants, socks, shoes... weigh about 1.5kg to 3kg. Serious! At 1st, I thought it doesn't make much different but it does! So, next time don't be so keksim if you weigh more, you maybe wearing extra weights.

Okay, back to the story.

First, the power lifters have to go for official weighing. Followed by, warming up. Then only the competition starts. Lastly, urine test/doping.

*Urine test is a freaking test! I rather take SPM twice. The officer will follow you around until you took the urine test. Before the test, must drink lots and lots of water because the minimum amount of urine to be collected is 70ml. And, the worst is must urine in front of them!! If I want to be athletic, I will think 10000 times about going through urine test before I make my decision.*

Wa... I never thought Power Lifting could be interesting to watch.

In Power Lifting, 3 tries were given to each power lifter to lift their best weight. As the Power Lifters lift the weights, they must lift up the weight and lift down, stop for a moment then lift up again. It must be lift in a stable condition too. Then only the referee will qualifies it as a GOOOOD LIFT, if not NOOOOOOOO LIFT. Understand?

So, the coach has to gamble the amount of weight for the Power Lifter to lift. If put a heavier weigh, the power lifter may not be able to lift. But if put lower a bit, the competitor may win by just a little. The job of the coach is quite challenging too. Hahaha... Stressful!

At the end of the day, the Chinese Taipei gals each won a medal.

Ya Hsuan with her bronze medal

Tzu Hui with her gold medal

What a successful day! Proud of them! =)

After they won, the coach, assistant, and the power lifters came and thank me for helping them to win the medals.
I was like -_-?
No, no no... I didn't do anything to help you win!!

I felt so humbled and unworthy.

Lesson learned : Every success comes with tons of hard work. Success doesn't just drop from the sky!

Summary for the lazy/blur/ not so ah-ma readers :

Competition day! Ya Hsuan won bronze and Tzu Hui won gold. What a great day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Desperate Witty Owl's Stories 2008

Back to TOP