Wednesday, December 13, 2006

29.11.2006

Fuh! I'm still surviving after so many ah-ma post! Hehe... Hope it's not too torturing for you! =)
3 more days to go. Enjoy the most ah-ma post of all! 0_O
*please save yourself from the torture of the ah-ma-ness*

Today, there was no training. The gals planned to watch the competition then, go Crown Princess Hotel and shopping with the Koreans.
At 1st, I was a bit worried since the coach didn't feel safe to let them go.
Then, one of them said,"if you following us, then coach will let us go!"
FUYOH! I am so much younger than them but yet, so much trust had given to me. *Was I that trustworthy*humbled again*

8:30am
When I reached GS Hotel, I decided to buy cards from the souvenir shop. As I was buying, I felt the urged to bargain. *Bargain in a hotel? WAKE UP, Sue Ern!!* Surprisingly, the man gave me a discount! I was still in shocked and super-happy after that.

9:00am
The gals and I headed to the stadium.

11:00am
I decided to walk to Jaya Jusco, Ampang to buy their fave coconut biscuit! *I forgotten when was the last time I eaten our own Malacca coconut biscuit! I just don't like it.* As I was desperately searching, I saw my cousin who I normally meet during CNY only! I was shocked, happy, excited, couldn't believe but he was so COLD! He didn't have any reaction. He just said,"ei, you are here?" He either didn't recognize me or he memang like that. *Keksim* Anyway, I continue my hunt. But mana tahu, JJ didn't sell any! *piss off* After walking so far, I must buy something back. So, I grab a box of Penang biscuit and reluctant to buy because it was toooo expensive. Then, a sales girl came and said,"I can give you RM2 off for this." *What? Biscuit also got discount?* I couldn't believe with my ears so I bargained for another ringgit off! Lo and behold, she really gave me. When I was paying it, I still couldn't believe it! It still doesn't make any sense to me! Is not God great? He knew my budget. Amen?

Since the past few days, I was always with the Taiwanese and Koreans. Since then, many mistook me for being one of them. I escaped many scolding because they thought I was not Malaysia. It was such a nice feeling to be treated as foreigner! =) Today, a guy couldn't believe I am a Malaysian even after I spoke BM!?! I had to take out my IC to prove it to him. DUH!

During the competition, there was always somebody talking to me. Thank God for them if not I would dead bored.

These were the nice-nice people who so rajin and kuasa to talk to me...

This Korean was extremely friendly. His name is Jung Sung Yun. He is only 24 years old but he is the CEO of a computer graphic design company and he drive a BIG car! Fuyoh! At 24 years old, I only will graduate from UPM and busy looking for job. How did he do it? Truly, inspiring! 0_O


Chuam Xi Yang is another person who always teman me. hahaha...
He was extremely cute! He is less than 52kg and he won silver! *few kgs heavier than me only!*super cute! =)* Hah...
I like the way he spoke Chinese. And, I disturbed him a lot, part of my entertainment! *kesian him!*
In GS Hotel, he used internet whenever he could. Later, I discovered if he went back to China, all he do is training, sleeping and eating. Torturing yet he sees it as a blessing to be able to serve his country.
China's Pride is the ultimate!

Beside talking, many time I had to be a translator too. The Koreans know Korean language, and a little of English. The Taiwanese know Chinese, and lagi little of English. When a Korean athletic (KA) wanted to talk to my Taiwanese athletic (TA), the KA would tell Min-Jang (The Very Good Looking Korean Guy) whose English was the best among the Koreans. Min Jang then, would translate it to English to me. And I would use my half past six Chinese to translate to my athletic. Fuh! 2 people wanted to communicate but it involve 4 people! *what a loooong journey!* Superly funny...

As usual, the Taiwanese and Koreans showered me with lots of goodies for their country.
All I could say was THANK YOU!

The highlight of the day was

Park Jong Chul
His 'meditation' before he won GOLD
with 232.5kg barbell!


DUK HWAN BONG
His 1st time winning GOLD
medal
He lifted 180kg barbell

According to sources, he used to get 3rd or 8th position only. What a sweet win!

What a glorious day for the Korean contingent!


Korean Power Lifters group picture
with their 2 greatest Taiwanese supporters snapping away! =)

After competition ended, we went with the Koreans back to their hotel.
It was pretty cool! *something out of my daily routine*
For once, I didn't have to worry about transportation!

While in the bus, I got to know them better.
There was not enough space for him *the bold guy in the picture* to park his W/C but he was strong! With just his hands, he lifted himself from the W/C onto the chair beside me. Fuh!
Ish... Power lifters! *Felt like a sotong again!*

They really treated me like their family, just like one of them. Gee... *touched* It was a great feeling just being with them! Happy and motivated people brighten up my not-enough-sleep day!

When we reached CS Hotel, 'things' started to happen. Thank God for a kind-heart Korean guy *don't know his name* was so considerate and helpful! He helped us in every way he could. Somehow, wish to see him again and thank him. =)

After that, we had lunch and the shopping began. The most interesting part was not about shopping but it was seeing how them with wheel chair could go up and come down the escalator all by themselves. Some even could wheel down the steps safely all be themselves!! Can you believe it! Really very cool!! Wish I snapped pictures but I was too kan-chiong to do anything. hahaha.. =/ People around just stood in awe! hehehe... *show off*

Despite the unplanned incident that happened, we had great fun together!

After finished shopping, I asked the hotel for 2 taxi to go back GS Hotel.
The 1st taxi that stop was so rude until I was too embarrassed to translate what he said! Later, a limo van came and willing to fetch us back. DHB teman-ed us back. *Aww... so sweet of him!*

The limo driver was super friendly. He chatted with us all the way and I told him they are power lifter competing in FESPIC. He seemed so honored to have them in the lime. Heh! =)
When we reached GS Hotel, DHB offered to pay the taxi fee plus tips. At 1st, the limo driver resisted the tips but DHB insisted. *so sweet of him again* The limo driver must had pitied them. I almost wanted to tell the driver,"oh take it, he earns tons of money!" Seriously, they didn't need our pity! They are as capable just like you and me, sometimes more capable too. Sometimes, I think we, the people with no disability are those who with disability. Our mentality need to be changed! Ahem...

Lesson Learned :
Ask and it will be given unto you. Ask for a discount, and it will be given. Things that are impossible with man, it's possible with God.
Those on W/C are as capable as you and me, sometimes more capable too.

Summary for the lazy/blur/ not so ah-ma : The gals and I went to watch the competition. I bargained in GS Hotel Souvenir's Shop and Jaya Jusco. Surprisingly, I received discount. I met more nice athletics. And most importantly, Duk Hwan Bong won a GOLD for the 1st time while PJC added another gold into his collection! After competition, we went shopping with the Koreans. Truly, we had a great time.

P.S. : some of the date and time written are not very accurate. I got mix up but it did happened!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Desperate Witty Owl's Stories 2008

Back to TOP